Do you know? Very humid climates or air make some people extremely uncomfortable, causing excessive sweating that can’t evaporate in the already-moisture-saturated air. It can also cause condensation that can disrupt sleeping or can prevent laundry from drying thoroughly enough to prevent mustiness. Higher humidity is also preferred by most pests, including clothes moths, fleas, woodlice, cockroaches, and dust mites. To reduces the level of humidity in the air, a humidifier is needed. Frigidaire that known as one of the branded commercial appliances launch the 70 pints-per-day dehumidifier, FAD704DWD model.
This unit is able to protect your home from mildew and mold caused by excess moisture, while also helping to eliminate bacteria in the air which cause difficult breathing. It features full-function electronic controls, an easily accessible collection container with level indicator, and a washable filter that reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles.
The FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint dehumidifier has the ability to continuous operation when the unit is located near a suitable drain. Its effortless humidity control allows you to control the exact percentage of humidity in your room. The SpaceWise portable design includes a top handle, integrated side handles, caster wheels and extra long 6 ft. three-prong power cord makes extension cords unnecessary making it easy to move your unit from room to room. Plus, you’ll save money and energy with its low temperature operation.
This Frigidaire Dehumidifier FAD704DWD unit comes with effortless full tank alert system with auto shut-off, 2 fan speeds for more flexibility, pull-out 16.3 pint tank with handle and splash guard. When the unit is started, the fan begins to pull moisture-laden air across the dehumidifying coil. The coils condense or draw moisture from the air and air flows through the side louvers into the room as dry, warm air. Moisture removed from air is collected in a bucket on the front of the dehumidifier. The slide-out bottom also provides easy filter access.
- Dimensions: 24.75 x 16.12 x 15.31 inches (46 pounds)
- Power Supply: 745 watts, 115V, 60 Hz, 7.8 amps (cool)
- Power Cord: 6 ft.
- Operating Temp Range: Down to 41°F
- Energy Factor (L/kWh): 1.85
- Bucket Capacity: 16.3 pints
- Humidity Range: 35-85%
- CFM: Low: 165 High: 194
Frigidaire FAD704DWD Features:
- Energy Star 70 pints per day dehumidifier for rooms up to 1400 sq. ft.
- Clean Filter Indicator – The Clean Filter indicator illuminates as a handy reminder when it’s time to clean the filter.
- Compressor Protection – A time delay on the compressor protects the unit from overheating and your circuit breaker from tripping if the unit is turned off and on too quickly.
- Manual or Continuous Draining – Empty collected moisture manually by removing the water tank or continuously by attaching a standard 0.5 inch diameter garden hose or dehumidifier drain hose (not included).
- Front Loaded Water Tank – The water tank slides out from the front, plus it includes a convenient carrying handle and splash guard for easy, mess-free emptying.
- SpaceWise design includes top handle, integrated side handles and caster wheels.
- Antibacterial mesh filter reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles.
- Automatic Restart – The dehumidifier automatically restarts after a power outage.
Frigidaire FAD704DWD Overview
This portable Frigidaire FAD704DWD dehumidifier is ideal for both general home use and in basements, dens, crawl spaces, great rooms and other large areas vulnerable to moisture. Feature such as low temperature operation, this dehumidifier operates in temperatures down to 41 degrees F and has a frost control function. Plus with auto shutoff and continuous drainage make this unit easy to use and practical in different environments.
Many users likes the electronic controls , particularly the way in which the unit can be set to an exact humidity level rather than a broad percentage. Users also said that the washable filter is easy to removed and cleaned, the control panel is well laid out and clearly marked which makes this unit is simple to use.
Auto Operation for Damp Basements – This model provides the set it and forget it operation you need in basement applications.
Accurate Humidity Sensor – The dehumidifier senses your room’s humidity accurately and uses the on board humidistat to maintain your desired humidity.
Noise – Some customers report that the unit is a little noisy on high. But expect it to be no louder than a standard room air conditioner.