Best Dehumidifier for Basement
In case your basement, crawl area, or the entire house smells musty (mold and mildew are the cause of this odor), or when you suffer from condensation issues, it’s mean you need a dehumidifier. Generally, mold will not grow in less than 50% relative humidity. Therefore a dehumidifier is important.
However, finding the best dehumidifier for basement can become a daunting yet overwhelming task. It has become a clear fact that there are lots of brands for dehumidifier on the market these days. As usually each brand usually claims as the best tool to decrease or control the humidity in your basement.
For most people they may choose a brand that is often promoted during commercial breaks but because you want to get the best value of your money, it’s better not make any choice before did a survey. When make a survey remember to compare one brand to another. You just need to make a thorough comparison to know which brand perfectly meets your needs.
How to Find Best Dehumidifier for Basement
In order to find the right dehumidifier for your basement, you should know what factors that you should look for from a dehumidifier. It is true that each dehumidifier has different specifications and features. However, because best basement dehumidifiers share similar features, they are actually easy to find. The followings are some features that you must pay attention if you want to find the best dehumidifier for your basement:
- Size – It is important for you to choose a dehumidifier that is able to provide the best coverage to your basement. This means that you must choose the right size. These days, dehumidifier is available in various sizes, enabling you to find the right size easily. Basically, you will need a larger capacity dehumidifier if your basement is damp or larger.
- Auto Defrost – This feature can prevent the coils from icing up. It also allows the dehumidifier to resume removing moisture from the air automatically.
- Low Temperature Operation – Dehumidifiers that have this feature is perfect for basement because they are designed for cooler climates. In cooler climates, these humidifiers will keep drawing moisture out.
- Automatic Restart – This feature is useful when a power outage occurs. You will not need to turn on the dehumidifier yourself because this feature will power back the humidifier automatically.
- Built in Hygrometer – Having this feature in your humidifier enables you to set your desired humidity level easily.
- Auto Shut Off – This feature is able to shut off your dehumidifier automatically. As a result, the water will not overflow.
After knowing the features that you must look for from a dehumidifier, you need should start searching for a product that has all of those features. In this case, you need to firstly consider your budget. You should determine how much money you are willing to spend on a dehumidifier.
Usually, if your basement is large, you need a larger dehumidifier in which this means more money to spend. Then, you need to consider the supplier. The quality of a supplier determines your satisfaction. You should choose a supplier that has an excellent reputation because such supplier provides dedicated customer and technical support. When you experience a problem with your dehumidifier, you just need to call your supplier to get the right support. If you do these efforts, you can surely find the best dehumidifier for basement.
Benefits of installing a basement dehumidifier
Prevent mold and mildew: Mold and mildew can grow easily when the relative humidity levels above 50%. By drying out basement and crawl space areas with a dehumidifier, will result a drier environment which avoid mold or mildew to grow.
Eliminate musty odors: Getting rid of mold and mildew will dismiss the bad smells that come into a living space from a basement.
Protect family health: Mold grows by placing tiny spores directly into the air. These airborne microorganisms trigger allergic reactions and also breathing problems for many people. Effective dehumidification in basements and crawl space areas could stop this kind of indoor air pollution.